Advice Please (W.Germany Poker Pipe Project)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
See! Mineral oil saves the day again.

Looks like a very nice pipe, with some nice colour on that rim too. How did the stem turn out?

Nevermind, just saw the completed pictures.

What is your new trick for imprinted stamps on the stems?

I've been using white crayons with mixed results.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Thanks, Mike. I use high quality exterior latex. I simply dab my finger into the paint and lightly wipe over the branding. I carefully wipe off all excess and then sand residue off with very fine sand paper after its dry. This has worked 7/10 times. Better results when imprinting is not too worn.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Friends gave me a Thompson Cigar house pipe also stamped West Germany. I'm not sure if it relates to any current German pipe brands or not. It is a freestyle and had Vulcanite P-Lip stem that oxidized to grit with nearly every smoke despite determined polishing. So i had a new acrylic tortoise shell stem made and mounted, and I am entirely satisfied with it, with it's good big quality briar bowl.

mso, I acquired a Thompson pipe. Mine was made in Italy and it is a very good smoker. "Thompson" in block letters. Does yours also display Thompson in block letters? Or cursive? My assumption is that pipes commissioned by Thompson Cigars display Thompson in cursive...

Status
Not open for further replies.