PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Hi Dac,
You did a great job on that poor, abused Pete, excellent !

I'd really like to know how the pipe is now, did you smoke it ?
This is an amazing interesting post about using wood ash for pipe mud :
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipe-mud-and-pipe-cement-warning-giant-post
Cheers,

Roland

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson system pipes are a somewhat specialty high-end item, so I hope you picked up this one for a modest price. Looks like you have done a responsible respectable repair and should get some years of gentle smoking out of it. This experience does provide a recommendation for new pipes whereby you treat them in a considerate way and preserve them for a long, long time. It looks like this one was the only pipe, or one of only several, owned by a heavy smoker. It was smoked hard for years without much attention, and rough attempts at reaming, maybe with a knife blade. I'm visualizing that the intricate airway of a system pipe abused in this way may also be in bad shape, but I don't think you can address that much. You now own a pipe with a story, and a noble rescue by you.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Exceptional job, truely a job of love for that pipe. Hope it rewards the love and care shown it. Not sure I would have seen the potential, unlike you.

Sometimes seeing the wood amongst the trees (forgive the pun) is difficult.

Keep those posts coming.
All the best
George

Status
Not open for further replies.