PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
Thinking about Christmas pipes has given me an idea. Has anyone ever done a pipe tobacco Advent calendar? 24 blends to count down to Christmas. Would pair nicely with the whiskey Advent calendar I heard about :)

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Actually there was a tobacco Advent Calendar I got one year. It was MacBarens and you got a little 5g sachet each day - enough for two smokes or so.
They don't do it any more but a quick google search gave this:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/mac-barens-31-day-advent-tobacco-calendar
Shame they don't do it any more, I remember enjoying it and trying out a lot of different tobaccos I probably never would otherwise have sampled. Good marketing from MacBaren too.
Mike

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
My kids have an advent calendar, maybe I'll do a tobacco one for myself. Good idea!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Creative idea, though I'd probably want to choose a different blend than the one offered for a particular day. I guess choosing in the moment is part of the thrill.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I do seven leading to Christmas, ending with Christmas Cheer on Christmas morning.
This year:

19 - Black Frigate

20 - Sixpence

21 - Yenidje Highlander

22 - Angler's Dream

23 - Watch City Slices

24 - Salty Dogs

25 - Christmas Cheer

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Good point badger. Advent seems to be a celebration of the Spirit born in flesh. Lent is more a celebration of the Spirit winning it's liberation from the flesh.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Markwood Men's Breakfast Club - Tobacco Advent
There's a YouTube channel that does this every year. They're a father/son that people donate blends and questions to them. Every day leading up to Christmas they put the blend in the "official cob of Tobacco Advent" and discuss a randomly chosen question. In the end they give their thoughts on the blend they've been puffing on for 8-15 minutes. People that donate blends get a "cornament" which is a free new corncob pipe in the model they're smoking the blends out of that year.

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
That sounds like a cool series. I'll check it out.
While I was thinking about this, I thought it would be cool to collect a Christmas edition pipe every year, and after 25 years of dedication, finally being able to do the advent with a Christmas pipe every day. :)

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
My wife and I put together our own alcohol advent calendar this year. Doing one of pipe tobacco would be a really cool idea.
Leatherman - The Kaywoodie Holiday Party/Northeast Slow Smoke Competition has a competition pipe from Kaywoodie with a Christmas tree stamped on the bottom limited to the 50 contest pipes every year. I just completed the third year for me, maybe this wonderful event will run for 22 more years so I can put that set together! Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.