Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frost

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2014
Colorado
Hello all, thank you for contributing to the wealth of information available on this site. I am new to the hobby of pipe smoking and associated discussions. In my searches on these forums I often come across acronyms beyond regular 'net speak such as AFAIK, etc. Definitions for these are difficult to search for as all of the threads in which they are used are returned by the search.
I am hoping that someone could help define some of these common tobacco acronyms? For instance what does TAD mean? Thank you for the help, please add your own acronyms an definitions as well.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
AFAIK + as far as I know, PAD = pipe acquisition disorder + variants, TAD = tobacco acquisition disorder + variants,

IIRC = if I recollect correctly, LOL = laughing out loud, ROTFLMAO = rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off
and many,many more.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
See "Terminologies & Abbreviation," upper right margin, in red on the Forums page.
A person experiencing TAD is person with limited of self-control when it comes to the purchase of tobaccos. This person wants it (what ever it is)! And wants it now!
Tobacco Acquisition Disorder = TAD

frost

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2014
Colorado
Thanks everyone, I didn't know this TAD was catching- I fear I may be coming down with a case based upon my recent internet order with expedited shipping!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Frost:
Just in case you didn't notice the Terminology and Abbreviations link:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/terminology
Bob

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Welcome!
Also, B&M apparently means brick and mortar, i.e, a tangible tobacco shop as opposed to an online store. God alone knows why.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Acronyms are inherently alienating and I think we should not be using them. Type it out. It's not hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.