PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
An Altadis rep informed me that MacBaren will be distributing all the Capstans and also Three Nuns. Being overjoyed at this new I asked how much and is it in stock, The reply was they are unavailable now but will be in four months.

We shall see.

john218

May 5, 2012
Connecticut
After hearing so much about these blends, I look forward to being able to try them.
I smoked a few tins of both eons ago, but I don't remember anything about them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It would be interesting to hear from someone on the inside of the tobacco business

on how blends are selected to market, how they are evaluated, and how and why

they are discontinued, re-introduced, and so forth. The common sense idea is that

this is all based on raw data on sales. It doesn't sell, it disappears. Then maybe it's

re-introduced if there is an outcry from consumers. But I suspect there are many

more variables relating to mergers, buy-outs, changes in management, etc. The

bigger company buys the smaller company and kills blends that compete with its

own, even if they are more popular than their own -- one possible scenario. I think

it ends up being much less rational than the pipe smoker getting to vote with his/her

wallet.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
This is good news if it is true. I've really wanted to try Capstan Blue since I began pipe smoking and this will certainly be an easy ticket.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I had Three Nuns years ago. It was, in a word, wonderful. I look forward to trying Capstans. Never put that in my pipe before. But, MacB does a fine, fine job with its VAs, IMHO

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I will come out of my hole in the ground to chime that I think this would be awesome too. While I suspect that mso is probably correct in his analysis, we can hope that MacBaren has someone from their research department that monitors the forums and they will pass along our enthusiasm to the powers that be.
With that said, MacBaren researcher, we are enthusiastic! Please tell your boss!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
No reason to get excited about Three Nuns being sold here. The current version has no Perique and is nothing like the old stuff. I know people who have tried the new version and they told me not to waste my time.
I will be very excited to try the Capstan Blue though.

Dec 24, 2012
Who knows, maybe they will bring back the original Three Nuns recipe - Threw Nuns Classic anyone? Worked (sort of) for Coke.

Aug 1, 2012
Hey we could end up having three Three Nuns -- the Original, the Current, and the Empire.
Next in order to buy it you'll have to answer the question "Aren't you a little short for a pipe smoker?" :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.