PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
So a buddy of mine got me started on this show a few months ago, and I plowed through a few seasons during my down time over the holidays and have since caught up to the current episodes. It's a really good show - and if you're a Firefly fan, they let Nathan Fillion throw in plenty of fun references (and bring Adam Baldwin on for an episode in Season 4 :P ) The only downside to the show is that for a few episodes in each season, they get caught in heavy "cop drama TV" when they aren't actively moving the overall story arc along, and that's just not my cup of tea. Mostly, even the not-as-good episodes still have plenty of wit and charm to them though.
But - for those who watch the show - Tonight was something! I half expected the bad guy to turn out to be 3XK, but what they did was a pleasing twist. I hope they wait a while (maybe even until next year) to bring this new development back into the fold though. If it comes back too soon, it won't feel very believable. Regardless, I was pleased to have some good TV tonight. Smoked Maltese Falcon in my MacQueen while watching.
:puffy:

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
I really enjoy Castle as well, been watching it on Hulu. One of my favorite parts is in(no spoilers) "Swan Song" where Castle hums the theme before the commercial fade to black
Possible spoilers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDAhehCerPM

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Castle's a very solid show. Firefly and Serenity rocked! I was emailing everyone when they tried to cancel. Yep was (am) one of those geeks. The best reference was when he came out on the halloween episode dressed in the firefly outfit and his daughter says "Wasn't that like 5 years ago." I love little easter eggs in shows. Another good one was on Andromeda, think it was it's last season, when Kevin Zorbo pulled out a panel and then pulled out his sword from Hercules. Then a freeeze and off the cuff remark.
Tag - Someone else with an easter egg.
Still have both episodes DVR'd, want to watch them back to back. I never watch commercials, and never watch 2 part shows a week apart. Get enough ads floating around me on every page on websites to have to watch them on TV.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I've been hearing about it from friends, and finally caught the pilot episode yesterday. Now I'm going to have to get the DVDs from Netflix... :D

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I love Castle too. Loved the shout-out last night to not only Liam Neeson and the "Taken" films but also to Ashley Judd's little-seen "Missing" TV series from last year!

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Loved the shout-out last night to not only Liam Neeson and the "Taken" films but also to Ashley Judd's little-seen "Missing" TV series from last year!
Yep - Missing is in my Hulu queue, just haven't gotten around to it. Was it canceled or is another season in the works?

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Wife loves watching the show. It's on every TV in the house. It's good. I watch sometimes. I'm a NCIS guy.
I have all the seasons on DVD. I enjoy watching without the commercials.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Finally watch both eposides, and was worth waiting for both. Great show, but like most crime shows start to fall into the rut of most shows being the same. NCIS, the number one show on TV is in that rut but this week they pulled out a great one, going off book and making it all about Duckie and Jimmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.