A Truly Stunning eBay Pipe! Amazing Value!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That was done by a glass blower who'd done one two many laboratory retorts and had lost his mind for lack of oxygen. Real purdy though (?).

May 4, 2015
That seller has a whole line of those ridiculous things all priced similarly. It's inconceivable to me that anyone would actually pay those prices.
Ha - I highly doubt anyone is paying those prices or that the seller expects to get them. He may just be in the process of setting up his webstore and when he has the logistics in place to start shipping will list them at the correct prices. There must be some logic behind the crazy 9999.99 price.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
There must be some logic behind the crazy 9999.99 price.
I can imagine that someone who made hundreds of thousands of dollars (or more) growing marijuana when it was illegal may need a way to make the money look legitimate so that they can actually use it. "That's right, I sold all that ridiculous stuff at those prices and paid income tax!". Of course that is just guessing. May be that they are legitimately selling this stuff for 10k.

May 4, 2015
Curiosity got the better of me and I have emailed the seller through their actual webstore, which is angiesboutiques.com. This piece is listed on the site as well for $9999.99. They do have some VERY high-end glass on their webstore, with the bearosaur representing the 2nd most expensive thing listed, coming behind a $11,999 bubbler. The webstore has many pieces in the $2000+ pricerange, though, so $9999.99 might actually be the asking price. Seems insane, but... they are in LA, and they do some pretty confusing stuff out that way.
I will report back when the mystery is solved.

May 4, 2015
A VERY quick response from the retailer:
"Hi Tom,
That is the retail price on that piece. It is a one of a kind collaboration between two artists named Elbo & Coyle."
I hope she wasn't offended by my inquiry. :rofl:

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
The green toes...just doesn't make it for me...otherwise...like Fish said..."I wouldn't smoke it with your mouth."

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Collaborations are often fraught with artistic tension. Elbo wanted to make a bear and Coyle wanted a brontosaurus.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Weez, you are just a freaking mess. You're so bad..... :clap:
Elbo wanted to make a bear and Coyle wanted a brontosaurus.
Thanks, Brian. You just confirmed for the students that I AM INDEED nuttier than a porta-potty at a peanut festival.
Anybody who'd pay $10k for glass blown like that is crazier than a 10-lb fruitcake.

Status
Not open for further replies.