Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piper64

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 21, 2018
Northern Ireland
So today I said goodbye to my dear old mother. A very fitting send off for a true lady who for over 50 years gave of herself in the health service. I write this not for sympathy, instead to say as I sit in the quiet, everyone gone ,what a comfort the pipe can be. I am smoking a bowl and in thought about her 93 years, I have laughed,cried,and felt pride.

A pipe really is a wonderful thing.

Sorry for the ramble just wanted to give thanks to my old pipe. Andy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Folks passing leaves a deep absence, but as time passes, they do "come back around" in memory and influence. Your mom will always be there for you by example, and a slow reflective pipe is a good way to receive that.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Sorry for your loss. Losing a parent, no matter how long the life lived, is a tough thing. You've got my prayers.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
My condolences. May you and your family find comfort in the feelings of Love & caring that your mother gave you. Ultimately, that is the only gift truly worth giving or receiving. And it is what stays with us all our lives.
Thank you. Your post has reminded me to hug my own Mom today & to fully appreciate the time I have left with her.

Jan 8, 2013
So very sorry for your loss. The pipe truly can be a comfort. It was for me when I lost my father in January. In many ways she will always be with you. Always reflect on the great times you had, the lessons she taught you, and the love she gave you as a mother.

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
I always thought one of the Hardest losses is the loss of a Mom. I Lost two. My Prayers are with you.
Ken

wasnsfisher

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2017
I am with ya mate. Been there myself and it does ease up some in time. Take care and remember, memories count for alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.