PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
You're welcome.

We now have large avatars too.

The concepts of these two changes are simple.

The process of doing it, not so much, but it's done.
First, let me thank both you and the rest of the PipesMag team for all of your hard work on the transition and for your responsiveness to the concerns of the members. It's nice to see that level of commitment.

To be honest though, I'm not sure about the black links. It's impossible to discern them from the rest of the text in a comment unless you hover over them, but how do you know to hover without some color clue to alert you that the text contains a link? See what I'm getting at?

Reactions: Bengel and dmcmtk
M

Marindas

To be honest though, I'm not sure about the black links. It's impossible to discern them from the rest of the text in a comment unless you hover over them, but how do you know to hover without some color clue to alert you that the text contains a link? See what I'm getting at?

Hmm, I can see where that would be a problem, especially when using a mobile device. :oops:

Reactions: piffyr and Bengel

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's a HUGE improvement...I can actually read everything comfortably now...thank you Kevin.

Yeah, it would be nice if the links were blue (or just about any color other than light orange). But if it's too much trouble to change that at this point, it's still dramatically better now than it was.

Reactions: piffyr

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Kevin! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
I thank you not only for the incredible work you do for this site and for our community, but for listening and responding to the needs of that community. The font and enlarged avatars has made my use, involvement and appreciation so much greater.
Again, thanks.
Dino

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
@kevin, MANY thanks for the change in the font color!! Can't tell you how grateful I am -- makes it SO much easier to read!! I like the larger avatars, too, although I do have to admit there's some merit in what Jay said just above! {Mega Eevyl Grin]

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Can anyone explain the narrow "newspaper column" lateral spread?

Every other forum I know of, pipes or otherwise, expands & contracts in a way that the text "rollover" point moves to accommodate window/screen width. Here, there's an arbitrarily narrow outward limit. It's like trying to read a conventional paper book that's two inches wide and three feet high. No one would EVER print a book like that, so why---especially in 2019---has the electronic equivalent been done here?

Status
Not open for further replies.