PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
These stories are highly addictive and I was reading them since school. A fine example of how a brilliant person can be so far ahead of the average (Watson given as contrast), that his knowledge borders on supernatural to the reader.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I hear that this character that was on the pipe magazine radio,show (322 i believe) wrote a jack the ripper zombie apocalipse version of sherlock holmes. Not sure i would give that a read, but there are some non doyle versions of holmes out there that are worth taking a look into.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
+1 Jeremy Brett
I own both the Complete Sherlock Holmes and the Annotated Sherlock Holmes which is great for more insight into some of the more antiquated references.
Russ

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Thank you milehighpiper and everyone else that contributed to this thread. It inspired me to buy and read A Study in Scarlet and I'm so very glad that I did. Now that I'm done with it I absolutely can't wait to dive into all of the other Sherlock stories. I forgot how much I love a good mystery novel and the book feels like just the tip of the iceberg with so much more to explore. SAD (Sherlock Acquisition Disorder) is going to be a blast!

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
Anyone else like Father Brown as well? Holmes is scientific, Brown is intuitive and spiritual. Both have incredible impossible unimaginable mysteries.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
My new “used” copy of The Complete Sherlock Holmes just arrived!
After reading this thread, I went looking for my TCSH book and couldn’t find it anywhere.
Ordered a used copy online and I’m looking forward to diving in! I’ve read it twice before. But it’s been about 20 years since my last visit to 221B Baker Street.
Just filled a pipe with Dunhill Durbar. Ready to settle in.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I missed this when it first popped up.

When I was eight years old, and visiting my maternal grandparents in St Louis, I got appendicitis, and was hospitalized for 8 days. Someone gave my a youth Holmes edition with "A Study in Scarlett" and "The Redheaded League". I was hooked.

I own both the "Complete" and the "Annotated", although it has been some years since I have read either. "Annotated" would be hard; it requires an empty lap, and with two cats, that is hard to come by. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.