PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
So for christmas I asked my father for a pipe. He went to a local tobacco shop and they didn't have the kind I wanted so I guess he spent a good deal of time working with someone trying to pick out a pipe for me... Well It was a bent partial sandblast pot sitter. Didn't really care for it so we just returned it today and I got a new pipe. Also I guess I'll digress a little and say that I've been to this tobacco shop before when I was first starting out and the guy that helped me before wasn't the most helpful and made a bad impression on me so I haven't been back (but he later redeemed himself an expo by helping me choose some cigars). However, the woman (owners daughter I guess?) helped us and I will be going back there... if just to smoke a pipe as it's too bloody cold outside. ANYWAY... Pictures! (sorry they are kind of dark... it's a black pipe)
The pipe is a Vauen Jahrespfife 2013. It's an extremely beautiful pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a handsome pipe, and sitters are so convenient. The closest I have to that is a Peterson bent brandy B11.

It took some trouble, and probably some diplomacy, but I think you were wise not to keep a pipe you didn't like.

Be sure to comment when you smoke it around your dad how much you appreciate the Christmas pipe, to let

him know you appreciate the gift. Not for that reason, but he may want to gift you again some day. Good for

your dad to want to get you something you really like.

love2smoke

Lurker
Jan 1, 2014
Very nice. I've come to the conclusion that I must get a sitter. I find myself always getting the urge to smoke as I work around the yard. Quite a few times I have to put my pipe down during a task.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
@ssjones No, I'm within the US. Actually Vauens were pretty much all they carried. I even found them on the P&C website .
@mso489 I've probably already thanked him a hundred times. Though I feel like I owe him a little bit of money as this pipe was quite expensive... but he won't take any money I give him.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Rayje, by any chance were you at Connecticut Valley Tobacconists? I have had very similar experiences with that b&m and I know they carry a lot of Vauen pipes. Just a random musing.
Gorgeous pipe, enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.