PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Big fan on flake medallions. But I noticed the tin goes down quite fast. So I wanted to know how many coins are there in a 50g tin.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
The tin of Davidoff medallions I'm currently smoking is quite moist; moister than Escudo and LBF that I have smoked. Since it is sold by weight you get less tobacco when it is moist as opposed to drier offerings.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Peck: I don't think they are. The LBF is grassier, more hay-like, and not quite as rich or as smooth in flavor, and it has less earth, too. Of course, aging in a tin can aid in the differences, and I find LBF's flavor immature in bulk. It needs age. But the differences are varied enough to convince me that they aren't the same.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
When JimInks writes about tobacco I always read his comments in the voice of James Earl Jones.
You're that definitive, Jim.
Fnord

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Ericusrex: sounds about right. And cool name btw. I has my suspicions but wanted to make sure without opening another tin

prairiedruid: it would. But I don't think moisture will round up to a full coin. I just needed an estimate of how many smokes I can get out of it given that I normally pack two coins

JimInks: an honour to have a comment of yours. And I read your comments in Vincent Price voice. Especially your elegant 'what are you smoking posts'

puffndave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2015
Thanks for starting this thread. I've been wondering about that other medallion role producer, while enjoying LBF. I'll have to try those Davidoff medallions.

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Thanks for starting this thread. I've been wondering about that other medallion role producer, while enjoying LBF. I'll have to try those Davidoff medallions.
Do so, they are quite great

Status
Not open for further replies.