Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
The New Year is a time that commonly causes us to reflect on our past and think about how we are going to proceed in the future. Many members on this forum have lived long lives and have seen many changes in our society. What advice do you have for our younger members that you think would help them as they ponder their future?
My advice would be to to figure out what makes you happy and what you believe is worth living/dying for. While these things may not be easy to do, the earlier you get this figured out the easier it will be to start on the path you want to walk. I have known too many people that get tied down with a life they regret and feel trapped by. Another point to keep in mind is that there are many ideas that can draw you in that are not what they at first seemed to be. It is good to remember that we can all be duped, understanding that it is always possible to make a change in our lives is important. You may think that money is the only thing worth pursuing, while it does make living easier, it doesn't lead to true happiness.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The Grim Reaper always wears a smile. So smile, life's hard and you'll never make it out alive.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Question everything...especially "official narratives" (past and present).
If you look beneath the surface of things, you'll often find that what is generally accepted as established fact rests on little and/or unconvincing substantiation.

farlo

Lurker
Dec 31, 2017
My advice buy a Harley, party hard, have a shot of whiskey every day, get married, have kids, have grandkids, and read the Bible, ps. And keep on smoking, and put these in the order of your liking

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
And above all else, never walk under an open window without an open umbrella.

LOL

Advice from the distant past. I've never personally seen anyone emptying their bedpan out the window.

It is true that if someone is holding onto their shit, they are usually more than happy to throw it around. An umbrella is good advice for walking in this world.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
26165994_1598289490266087_638726779163580286_n1.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

We are all turds floating down the toilet expressway of life waiting to be flushed again and again. :wink:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Advice from the distant past.
There's a lot of that around here.
There are actually a number of things I think were better in the distant past, but the lack of indoor plumbing is not one of them. I feel fortunate to have missed that.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Puff more!
Heh, guess the only new year resolution I make is to make no resolutions.
Well, maybe I should have as a resolution to go 6 months without ale... so, I'll have a pint every other day.

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
Sticks pitchfork into pile of manure and tries turn this thread around.

May more oxygenated thoughts be spread around to fertilize the young sprouts of tomorrow.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
We've just gotten to the age where fanciful notions turn into harsh reality. Don't plan too far ahead, enjoy the moment.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
We've just gotten to the age where fanciful notions turn into harsh reality. Don't plan too far ahead, enjoy the moment.
Dude...excellent comment dude...pretty much says it all.
I was going to elaborate a bit, but I think I’ll refrain from doing so...it wouldn’t accomplish anything.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

What type of turds do you hate warren? :?:

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
This was definitely a hard year for me, quite frankly I am looking at 2018 with a great deal of hope for a more stable emotional state of being. I have vowed to live life a tad more slowly this year, stopping along the way to enjoy the smell of the flowers ... or crap, depending on what hand I am dealt this turn around :lol: And enjoy pipe more, for sure enjoy pipe more !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.