Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just doing a random search for pipes in Amazon, just to see what might pop up, and I saw this, Dutchman's Mine: The Adventures of Latakia Billows.
It looks like it was just published, and it has an interesting description. I've found that in self-published books, it can be hit or miss whether the grammar is tolerable enough to read. But, I have found quite a few self-published books to be fantastic. You are just limited to reading it on a device. :?
I just wanted to bring this find to everyone's attention. Happy Friday!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The title is awkward, but I'll give the author points for coming up with the name Latakia Billows.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
I remember reading several chapters of this at romeospipe.blogspot.com some time ago. The blog stopped getting updated around 2012, if I remember correctly. I just checked, the chapters have since been taken down. It was an amusing story, but it didn't draw me in enough to see how it would end.

tommytree

Lurker
Jul 8, 2010
Don't know why it took me this long to see this post, but I wrote that book. Yes, it does heavily feature a pipe. And yes, Anthony, it is available in paper.
The released book is a bit different than the serialized version that was up on the blog so long ago, although the broad strokes are the same.
I'd rather not put links up here, but it is available exclusively through Amazon (except for signed copies, which you can get at my website).

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I have been to Superstition Mts on a number of occasions. I will definitely by this book.

Status
Not open for further replies.