Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I knew the thread title would attract a few that was wondering if this was going to be about a new Pink Floyd cover band... sorry.

it is the busy time of year for me at the bench, as everyone seems to want vintage heirloom jewelry repaired instead of brand new designs. This happens some years. Trends and such. "I'll get grandma's dinner ring repaired for my wife..." So, I should be resizing rings or removing knicks and dings. But, to keep myself from going crazy from repetitive work, I stopped to crank out a new band for myself.

This was an old Savinelli Dry that I thought smoked very well. I picked it up on Ebay (or maybe from a fellow member on here I can't remember) about five years ago. Now, I probably wouldn't have given it a second look. But, although it smoked very well, like a reverse calabash with it's internal chamber, it just looked chunky. It didn't have a cap/band, as it was just stained read and was rounded over on the stummel. It just didn't appeal to me.

I think that giving it a blocky flat finish at the stummel with the polka dot designs in 18k gold really dressed this one up for me.

I have also made a few new tampers that I will be posting on my Etsy tomorrow. I've been asked about them from people looking to get their significant, beloved pipesmoker something special for Christmas. So, enough foolin' around. I have to get back to the resizing stack.

I hope you guys all had an excellent Thanksgiving. Happy smokes...

Status
Not open for further replies.