A Mother Load has fallen Into my lap and I think I need help.....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Have you ever had one of those days when things seem to go right? It has been a while since I've posted but I usually check in once or twice a week to keep up with my fellow brothers. Life has been extremely busy as of late but it has not stopped me from at least checking in from time to time. There have been a few hardships lately which have caused some Financial pain but I've stayed true to my core Instinct of workmanship and have plugged along. Today a gift fell into my lap which consisted of over 200 estate pipes via a Craigslist ad. It only had one picture to go on and that was what looked to be a cooler of a tub of pipes. I decided to lowball him see if he would take my offer and to my surprise he did. When I went to pick them up I didn't quite realize how heavy 200 plus pipes could actually weigh. I'm hoping to clean and sell off quite a few of these but I'm also hoping that there will be a few in the lot that folks in here are looking for. I was wondering if there happens to be anybody in the Colorado area who might be able to help me sort this treasure. I know some but could definitely use some help. If anyone is interested please PM me. I don't want to make a lot of money off of these but some definitely will go to help with bills. I'm hoping there are a few in here that folks are looking for. I'll start the inventory this week. I'm not quite sure how to take this all in but for now...excited is the word. From what I can tell so far they are all used and well appreciated. A lot of cleaning will have to be done but I think I'm ready for it. Anyway, if there's a member here from Colorado who can help me I would have greatly appreciate some help to go through these. Best wishes to all.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
well, that post is a good tease, but better would be mention of a few brands you've noticed in the box.

Good luck with these!

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Nice find, can't wait to see some pics of the pipes. I'm always on the lookout for old Comoys, particularly Grand Slams and any pipes that just say London Made on them I'd be interested.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If these have already been sorted by someone with some knowledge, you may find some choice rescues. If these were just bundled by someone who didn't know pipes, you might find anything. Best of luck. At the least, I think you'll find some good resto candidates.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Sort them by country of make, English, Danish, American etc. It will be interesting to see what you have there...

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
If my mothers load fell into my lap I would be grossed out and haunted for life... but if you're happy, im happy for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.