PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2016
It's only tobacco, good tobacco mind you. 2015 I'll be missing a lot, less than a pound left. McClelland still has plenty to offer but like everything good, it'll end one day, so enjoy and hoard it while you can.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's a conspiracy to move inventory before floor taxes are due. In two months a new batch of "the right" red Va. will be discovered and production will resume. :lol:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You could probably pull that off tonight on Ebay.
Yep, though you run the risk of getting screwed by an unscrupulous buyer since you have zero protection through either eBay or PayPal because what you are selling is forbidden per eBay "rules".
I have some of the 40th on its way, as I bought a 5 more tins the day before it sold out. If you really want it, start checking with B&M's. There's still stock on shelves. You'll have to pay a few bucks more for it, but you'll have it to smoke.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I thought 40th was a regular blend in continuous production? Which is why the discontinued 5100, so they could use the red VA for 40th and other tinned blends?

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
What nobody is talking about is that this problem affects other McClelland products like some of their aromatics. Also, load up on your Frog Morton favorites.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
There will be more dudes! This is like the 5th time it sold out just to be restocked. Take a breath, better yet, go smoke a pipe and relax. It’s been noted (officially) that they plan on keeping this one around. What’s funny is I’ve seen it on eBay going for $40 a tin while it was still on the shelves at SP and P&C. It was advertised as a rare, discontinued, no longer sold item... I emailed the seller and told him that it was currently in production (as if he didn’t know) and he basically told me to f*** off! Some people just suck.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The parallels between The Great 5100 Crisis and the various firearms/ammo shortage/ban scares that have occurred over the years are unmistakable. Someone sends up a flare that the sky is falling and before you know it, there's a shortage where none had existed previously. I have suspicions though that like the hi-cap mag scare and the ammo scare, and the AR scare, there will be a lot of people who paid way too much for something that will once again, in the none too distant future, be a commodity in good supply.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I second that. If a harvest comes in of that particular Virginia and there is an abundance of it; I see no reason why 5100 would not be re-introduced since it's such a fan favorite. Just seems like a good business decision.
I always tell my co-workers that President Obama was the best gun salesmen in the history of the US. Just by suggesting that Congress look at more gun laws after the unfortunate Sandy Hook incident; thousands of people freaked out and bought up everything they could (guns/ammo/magazines etc.). It was great business for tons of mom and pop gun shops all the way up to the big manufacturers. Plus it helped arm many citizens that acquired pistols/revolvers for personal protection/home defense.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
This thread is giving me tongue bite now. It's become a can of worms better left alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.