PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
The co-proprietr of the B&M where the KC club holds its meeting has taken seriously ill so we decided we needed to send her a "Get Well" and asked our own Mike Sull (America's finest penman)to do this for us. He brought in the card last night for all of of to sign. For whatever reason we didn't get a photo of the actual card but we did get several as he created the cover envelope.
The first photo here shows Mike working on the card.
600-MikeDrawing1_zps46f346c3.jpg
[/url][/img]

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
If you thing you see in the final image Mike did with just ink and pen.
I know some of you have commented in the recent poetry readings that you'd like an audio of the reading. I have seen his written version of "A Book and a Pipe" and they are magnificent. You ought to consider contacting Mike about making one of those for you. Below is a not so great photograph of the printed version.
700-BookandaPipe_zpsad6f13db.jpg
[/url][/img]

twoadaydanny

Lurker
Aug 16, 2011
I've purchased and used Mr. Sull's home-study materials on learning to write Spencerian script. They are excellent.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Very nice... My mother is a teacher and she says that cursive writing is being dropped from the curriculum very soon. No one really writes anything by hand anymore. It's really a sad thing.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
My wife is a huge proponent of handwriting and print books. She makes feather quills and has done quite well selling them on Etsy. That really is a lost art. Beautiful work!

Status
Not open for further replies.