A Little Relief From TAD -- Thanks SmokingPipes!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I must say, I find the usage of "TAD" in certain thread titles a little weird. "Got my next TAD in today." Got my next tobacco acquisition disorder in today? I'm not sure that works...so I had a little RELIEF from TAD with this smoking pipes order! (Grammatical sidebar now closed.)
I love smokingpipes.com. I have used P&C a few times before for things that SP didn't have or P&C had on sale, but I when I started ordering online years ago, it was threw smokingpipes. So now, the reason I keep going back to them and don't spread the love any more than the bits I toss to P&C....is just because they are too darn great! They are super nice at the Chicago show every year, they pack their boxes well and ship quickly, and--they fix things! I ordered 2 8 ouncers with my latest batch and got two 2 ouncers. So, I emailed them, explained what happened, and included all the relevant pics around 12:30 one night. The next morning about 9am, they've responded, apologized, and said the right sizes are on the way and that I can keep the others :) A few hours later, and I have the UPS email. So, here's the haul (minus the tin of gaslight I've already opened!)
null_zpse2e7be75.jpg

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Since I have no gaslight as of yet , I give a halfhearted good job. Also strange the issue with TAD but the P&C and SP short script used without issue I find weird. Ah it's just jealousy talking

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
That is a nice looking haul there. All 3 are ones I've wanted to try. A gracious member here sent me a sample of the Meridian that will be sampled in the next couple of days. Though the gaslight I'm fairly certain no samples will be needed. I should just order several from the start.
Oddly enough you have a problem with the grammatical troubles with most TAD posts. Though you stated ordering "threw" smokingpipes.com, instead of "through" smokingpipes.com.......
:mrgreen: Sorry, couldn't help myself.

B

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Though you stated ordering "threw" smokingpipes.com, instead of "through" smokingpipes.com.......
Damn! I actually mess that one up kind of a lot! I don't think it's actually a grammar issue w/ TAD either...syntax maybe? Rhetoric? The actual word usage seems weird, if you speak out "tobacco acquisition disorder" instead of just saying "TAD" in your head, it doesn't always make sense. IMHO anyway...

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I'm really liking it. I think it's great now. The dark fired is meaty and the latakia smokey. If you added meridian, and then some extra latakia, to JKP, you get gaslight (ish). It's cool stuff. The dark fired and lataki take turns being dominant and the orientals are just always there, but real subtle.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
right on.. Thats a nice haul there.. I also have been very impressed with smokingpipes, the few times i have ordered from them.. great, speedy service indeed..

I ordered my 2 tins of Gaslight and 1 tin of 3 nuns, on wednesday, and it arrived yesterday.. :)

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I get a strange feeling you are a G.L. Pease fan... Haha
I have just started trying his blends and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands to buy, right up there with McClelland.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I usually do business with Smokingpipes and/or 4noggins. I've never been disappointed with either company's service or products. Glad to hear SP did more than right for you.

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
and--they fix things! I ordered 2 8 ouncers with my latest batch and got two 2 ouncers. So, I emailed them, explained what happened, and included all the relevant pics around 12:30 one night. The next morning about 9am, they've responded, apologized, and said the right sizes are on the way and that I can keep the others :) A few hours later, and I have the UPS email.
Exactly the same thing happened to me with big tins of Falcon and Chelsea on my order last week. Must have been the same guy packing it, working through a tobacco trance ....
I've seen you mention dark-fired in Gaslight a couple of times now, and I'm wondering where you saw that it has dark-fired in it. I'm not super familiar with that leaf in particular, but to me Gaslight tastes like a pretty standard latakia-oriental-VA blend. I would be curious to hear about anything else in here.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Hmmm....not sure where I saw that, and now I'm questioning if it's even there...
It's the main leaf in JKP, and also used in Triple Play, Sextant, and Navigator--so maybe I just assumed gaslight would follow suit. Upon tasting it, I thought I was right too, but I think I'm confusing the matured virginias for the fired kentuky.

Status
Not open for further replies.