A Little Happiness From 2nd Hand Smoke....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Guys, it's been driving me crazy- I've had a serious issue with pneumonia and major lung surgery that's dragged on for months...and resulted in absolutely no smoking and no pipe making due to the dust. I'm in the recovery mode now, returned to training on my indoor bike trainer, and back to maybe 85% lung function, so I figure a few more months until I'm back to normal. My son-in-law who is an occasional pipe smoker was over on Christmas day....so I promptly loaded him up a nice Dunhill pipe with 1Q and sat downwind out on the lanai for a few minutes.
1Q is a tobacco that I would never normally smoke, but man- when you've been pipe starved for months, the room note is a fabulous thing....:)

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
1Q is in my rotation, actually. I love it and it's a lot cheaper than MM's Great Dane (which is similar, but with deeper flavors); so I know what you mean...it's why I smoke it. Good to hear you're recovering well from something so major...

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Glad you are feeling better, Zach. I'm sure the tobacco smelled good to the hungry soul.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Zack, I know its rough pal. But thankfully you are on the mend and will be all the better and can have that inaugural smoke soon enough.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It was way too much fun...Looks like another week on IV antibiotics and I'll declare myself cured....:)

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Have you put any thought in to what that first smoke is going to be when you saddle back up?
I remember years back when a friend had his wisdom teeth pulled. An avid cigarette smoker, he wanted to avoid the chance at dry socket so he had me and others blow smoke in his face repeatedly.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Have you put any thought in to what that first smoke is going to be when you saddle back up?
Has to be Esoterica Stonehaven....and a nice Porterhouse steak to keep it company...:)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Zack, good for you for taking care of yourself. You have to have air, so let the pipe smoke go for now. In the twenties, I think it was, the cigarette makers had one of the early jazzy ads to promote cigarette smoking among women, showing a woman hovering over a man smoking a cigarette, and the headline was, "Blow some smoke my way." Even more so with pipe smoke, people who have never, and will never, smoke a pipe comment on how good it smells. A good room note can be a good thing. Go slow with healing and get better right along.

Status
Not open for further replies.