PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I've only recently come back to pipe smoking (also previous a Capt Black exclusive smoker, years ago) and Nightcap initially was a little too much for me, Blackhouse riding the edge, White Knight pretty decent, Fusilier's Ration is great, and Frog Morton Cellar is where I land mostly.
So far... this month. LOL

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Something I have only recently discovered, myself: McClelland - Frog Morton (Craftsbury Series). Described:
An exceptionally dark, rich and full Latakia Mixture designed for those who desire really satisfying Latakia flavor but want a pipe tobacco soft enough to smoke anytime. It took Frog Morton four years to perfect this unique blend designed for smoking in quiet serenity. It is his proudest achievement.
I give this blend a big thumbs up ! I bit tricky to keep lit, but other than that I am pretty satisfied with the taste. And the strength is mild to medium, precisely as reviewed on tobaccoreview.com I certainly recommend this as a starter coyja, especially since night cap seems overwhelming to you...

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Nightcap was my first. And I've loved it ever since.

But there are also so many other brilliant blends as well, with Maltese Falcon being an absolute gem.

I find the Frog Mortons reasonably nice, but a bit to light on, with a subtle nuance and lacking in 'oomph'

I've never found a Latakia blend I didn't like... But Bengal Slices leaves a strange aftertaste that I'm still not sure I like.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
HH Syrian currently, anything with Syrian Lat! Have few aged tins of Across the Pond and # Oaks Syrian still to audition.

Status
Not open for further replies.