PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hello Pipe Smokers of the world.
After a large breakfast I sat out on the back porch of the Cabin this fine Sunday morning in Alaska with a bowl of Solani Aged Burley Flake in my Savinelli Tandem 202 with the long stem ( A great clenchable churchwarden, btw) and a large cup of fresh brewed coffee. During this lovely smoke watching the sun hit the snow on the mountains, the birds go to town on the bird feeder, and the breeze rustle the trees, I had one of those moments that so often come during a pipe where I realize how blessed I am to be where I am in life at this moment and how lucky we are as people that we have the time and luxury of being able to sit and contemplate as often as we do.
With that I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Sunday, and remind everyone to savor life's little moments whenever you can. It is easy to get caught up in a world that has gone and got itself in a big damn hurry. Finding value in those times when we can live in the present (however few and far between they may be) and let life's concerns fade away for even just a few minutes sure can make life alot easier.
Often times we can get so caught up in which VaPer is best, whether Dunhills are worth the money, or refreshing the pages on our screens checking to see what's in stock today at those little secret shops that may have a tin or two of something special still lurking out there that we forget what smoking a pipe is all about. So if you can today, forget about all that shit, and grab the first trusty great smoking pipe your hand hits, the first blend that calls to you, and make some time to sit down and just be.
It is my sincere hope that the experience is as good for you as it was for me this morning.
Cheers to all, and happy piping.
sav-tandem-pic-600x450.jpg

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Nice sentiments and rather a nice looking pipe too. Just a shame it is already Monday morning here :puffpipe: :rofl:

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Spent my day smoking various pipes and tobaccos on the back deck in between yard projects and chores. A little of this, a little of that, some coffee, some iced tea, a nice brown ale. It's been delightful.
Grilling some steaks for supper and then ... more of the same, just minus the yard work and chores. Just relaxing now. And the weather has been a delight for a change too! It usually waits until Monday to turn gorgeous, lol.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Nice post, I love those mornings. Just me, my dog and nature until the cars start driving by and other noises take over the birds chirping.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Ask your dog what time it is? He answers, "Now."
I don't have enough time left to just "sit and be." I want to savor every "now." We're all wired differently.
I just got my head around the fact that Georged of pipe restoration fame might ACTUALLY be a cat, and now Warren comes out of the woods with the wirings of a dog? Remember those good ol' pre-internet days when everyone who shared your hobby/vice/habit/need/want was of the same species?

8O
Isaac

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For some reason that pipe tool caught my eye, not unusual but a good version of the type. I like the colorful wood handle.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
For some reason that pipe tool caught my eye, not unusual but a good version of the type. I like the colorful wood handle.
mso, it was el cheapo on amazon.....
https://www.amazon.com/HUELE-Rosewood-Stainless-Smoking-Scraper/dp/B077P5HMBY/ref=asc_df_B077P5HMBY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241944115878&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1467819984462101409&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033928&hvtargid=pla-397454118951&psc=1

Status
Not open for further replies.