PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
They're Halloween cigars named after different movie monsters. That's all I know.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Shouldn't that read "Stately Peck Manor"? I used to laugh at the old Batman TV show as they always said "Stately Wayne Manor". And Bruce Wayne was almost always referred to as "Millionaire Bruce Wayne", like "millionaire" was his first name.

Jan 8, 2013
Shouldn't that read "Stately Peck Manor"? I used to laugh at the old Batman TV show as they always said "Stately Wayne Manor". And Bruce Wayne was almost always referred to as "Millionaire Bruce Wayne", like "millionaire" was his first name.
When I was a child, I was a huge Batman fan (still am, actually) and I could sit and watch reruns of the show for hours at a time. But now that I'm older, when I see that show, I can't help but wonder how that show didn't destroy Batman.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Anthony: actually, the show boosted comic book sales all across the board during that time. Batman and Detective Comics had become low sellers -not well written and the "Bob Kane" art style had become outdated. They were being created for eight year olds, and had lost many older readers, and sales shrunk by a few hundred thousand copies per issue in the 1955-1964 period. The books came close to cancellation in 1964. The books were revitalized by editor Julie Schwartz and the men he picked to save the franchise (writers Gardner Fox, John Broome, and penciler Carmine Infantino), and sales went up enough to keep them running. However, it was the TV show that made Batman more popular than he ever been, and essentially insured he'd stick around for generations to come as others have reinterpreted the character several times since the TV show ended in 1968.
Julie loved the TV show and took it for the fun fantasy it was meant to be. But, after a couple of years, he got tired of the show's influence on the books, and was happy to change direction as soon as he could.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
I'm sorry, I do not agree; smoking a pipe does NOT seriously harm either me OR the people around me! Just another great lie from government house.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Being built like "Generic Irish Thug #3" makes it hazardous to others health to complain about my pipe smoking.

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Hi Peck. May I ask where you were able to purchase Revor plug? Pipe Divan doesn't offer it as they do some of the other plugs.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Very nice score! The problem with Revor is 10 pouches just isn't enough. It's a real damn shame about GQ... He had a lot of hard to find obscure tobacco's, Revor included. Luckily I bought up a whole bunch of his stock because I had a sinking feeling it would be hard to come by in the near future.
Peck, you're in Canada... right?

Dec 24, 2012
May I ask where you were able to purchase Revor plug? Pipe Divan doesn't offer it as they do some of the other plugs.
Sure. http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/index2.php?mod=category&nm=Revor%20Plug%20Pipe%20Tobacco&nc=PIPE%20TOBACCO&man=420&cat=69
Peck, you're in Canada... right?
Yes indeed.

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
It's as I thought. They don't ship to the U.S. It may have been one of the sites I had come across that did not ship, can't remember. But, apparently nobody ships to the U.S. or they don't carry it if they do ship to us. I guess I'll just have to content myself with Warrior, McQuaid, Condor, and now the coming Red Bar and Green from STP.

Dec 24, 2012
David, I would be happy to play intermediary if that helps. I could order some and send it on. PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.