PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
What with my birthday and Christmas in the same month, I tend to suffer from a more serious case of PAD. This year was no different, as I ended up getting four pipes altogether. Nothing expensive, but all quite nice. I already posted on my birthday pipes yesterday, but today here's the first of my Christmas pipes. It was going to be the only one, but I got it so much cheaper than I thought I would, I went and bought another pipe with the monies left over.
I just cleaned it up this morning, less than an hour spent as it was pretty clean to begin with. I first saw this shape as an estate on Smokingpipes, but it was way too much money for my budget. Last week I saw the same shape on eBay so I went into a tizzy trying to figure how to get it at a good price. A lot of worry for nothing, got it for $15.50! Man I love this odd little shape, a canted bulldog if you will, stamped Speciale, 1354 and made in France. I have no idea how old this shape is, but other than mine and the one on SPC, it's a new one for me. A really lovely little pipe, smokes like a dream with a bowl of C&D Corncob Pipe and A Button Nose. I had ordered this some time ago but just opened the tin, and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it for an aromatic.
Merry Christmas or any other Holiday you may be celebrating to my fellow pipe smokers. Hope you get something special for Christmas too!
img_1188-600x317.jpg

img_1191-600x320.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
An excellent variation on the classic bulldog with bead line and all. That's the thing about 'dogs; there are endless tweaks that make them unique. Even the old standards like the Stanwell 32 are their own take on the shape.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Thanks everyone! I'll admit I'm not the hugest bulldog fan, but I seem to gravitate to the more out of the ordinary variations of them. This is fairly small pipe at about 5.25 inches, and is nice and lightweight. I'm also drawn to canted bowls on pipes too, so this was one I really wanted, as I'd never seen a canted bulldog before. Looking at old pipes is so interesting for me, and once in a while I get one like this that makes me happy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.