Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Preferred Member
Oct 10, 2013
Not entirely.

Scroll down the "forums" page and you'll see a long list of the most recent posts. Depending on the level of site activity, the list could go back 24 hours or more. I'd like to see it go back as far as the reader wishes to go, but it's a handy feature as is.

nick64

Apr 29, 2013
I'd been enjoying pipes and cigars for many years before I found this forum. I have to say that it's very cool to have a place to share my thoughts on pipe carvers, tobaccos, and related stuff with people who are like-minded. AND it's great to read thoughts from other smokers, to get new insights into this centuries-old world! That is one of my most intense interests; to learn about pipes and carving from hundreds of years ago. --nv.

andrew

Preferred Member
Feb 13, 2013
New threads show up automatically no matter what section in the bottom of the screen. I notice a lot of pointless threads started about nothing, when you could just add to an existing thread, or simply search first. I've found alot of info using the search feature so I don't have to start a thread asking a question. You can simply bump that old thread to say you used it and appreciate the tip. It's forum etiquette in the internet world, and the internet is serious business.

wolf666

Jun 22, 2013
I thought this was a forum site whats happened to freedom of speech, we don't all do book keeping !

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
I think it is important to enter posts under the appropriate sub-forum. Here's why. Just today, I found something

relating to a specific brand of high end pipes that I wanted to pass along to the originator of a post on the subject.

The post had passed off the list of posts recently responded to, but when I went back to the subtopic where this should

have been posted, it wasn't there. I wasn't going to scroll through the entire list of subtopics, so I just dropped the whole

effort. But that's kind of too bad. Forums is supposed to be about communication, and not every piece of information

comes to hand immediately. So help out your fellow Forums members and take a minute to enter your post under the

appropriate heading. It might pay you back in information or assistance down the road! Not every effort to impose some

order is picky-fussy. (Some one needs to help me organize my study, but that's another subject.)

flakyjakey

Preferred Member
Aug 21, 2013
Not from me you won't, Roth. I might also add that I now ignore posts with deliberately cryptic titles, which in my opinion are usually attention-seeking devices to disguise poor material. The best titles should clearly state what the topic is about.