PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Harris and I go back 21 years. I'm in Florida and was able to visit Harris today. Beautiful home, I was greeted at the door by his American Bulldog who demanded lots of pets and cuddles. Harris promptly opened a really old (2002?) tin of F&T CVP, we loaded up. Harris's immediate consumption area of tobacco would make most cellars envious. His pipe collection cause some severe envy. Second bowl was 2008 Escudo. A fabulous steak dinner with the fixings was then served to me. We closed things out with a 2006 bowl of Astleys 109. Also got to meet Harris's Son Matt who was about 4' tall the last time I saw him. He's been raised very well, Matt has grown up to be a mature and polite young man with a very bright future.
The tobacco and food was great but was nothing compared to being able to spend 6 hours with a dear old friend. Most people here have no idea what a good person and friend Harris is. Thanks for the incredible hospitality Harris!

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Wish I could have made it Mark, Harris is the salt of the earth.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
All I got out of all that was steak, pipes, and tobacco.... did you say something about Harris?
There was substantial conversation obviously, or we would have smoked five bowls instead of three. I'm also posting this typing on an iPad while sitting outside in Florida, freezing my butt off while smoking a first time bowl of Pirate Kake. In other words, brevity was needed.

Jan 8, 2013
There was substantial conversation obviously, or we would have smoked five bowls instead of three. I'm also posting this typing on an iPad while sitting outside in Florida, freezing my butt off while smoking a first time bowl of Pirate Kake. In other words, brevity was needed.
I kid. :nana:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Looks like you guys had fun. And I am happy to hear that he can smoke, it means he has healed. You guys who live in the States are so lucky that you can meet and attend the pipe shows, etc. I envy you. The only person I was able to meet from this forum was Kanse - a Georgian (country) member of ours - during my visit to Georgia.

Dec 24, 2012
Nice job, Hoosier. Harris is so clueless I bet he never even suspected that you were casing the place for our joint operation code-named Tobacco Liberation. So I assume you know what security he has and where the tins are kept? Will we be able to circumvent the lasers?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Nice job, Hoosier. Harris is so clueless I bet he never even suspected that you were casing the place for our joint operation code-named Tobacco Liberation. So I assume you know what security he has and where the tins are kept? Will we be able to circumvent the lasers?
I figured out how to easily disable the electronics. Disabling Brutus the 100 lb American Bulldog and Harris's shotgun might present a challenge.

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
Sounds like a fabulous visit Mark. Hope his health is good. Last time I saw Harris was around 2001 at the Don Cesar Hotel St. Petersburg for the Cigar Family Celebration. Assume he still is ugly as ever! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.