PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alingeorgia

Lurker
Feb 14, 2012
I am new to this community and think this is a great place to be if you enjoy smoking pipes and the mindset that comes with it. I really like this site. I have been smoking a pipe since 1972. Today's tobacco blends are way heads above anything that was out there back in the day. I am "old school" in that my tamper is my right index finger and to stir the bowl I put my thumb over it and knock it against my knee or bang my lighter against it, then use my "tamper" and relight as needed. That's just me, though. All that being said, I am very pleased to have found this site. It has opened up new tobacco choices and also opened up the chance to make friends with interests close to my own. I may even buy another pipe or two, having seen you guys' collections. Thanks. Al

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey good to have you, and remember what I said about the Atlanta Club tommorow, we would love to have you. I'll be the one in the St. Louis Cardinals hat. Hope to see you there.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Great to have you here, old school is best, people have been smoking pipes for longer than we have been on this planet, so who are we to say that modern ways are right, each to their own. :puffy:

sirsmokesalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2012
North Carolina
I'm a new guy here myself, and I agree that I really enjoy this site.

Real down to earth people on here and everyone gets along real good!

That says a lot about pipe smokers in general I guess.

Welcome and Enjoy.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Alingeorgia we're glad to have you aboard!

I started smoking a pipe about the same time.

I'm looking forward to your comments, questions, and of course Hobie1dog's passion... Your pictures.

Dive right in!

:puffy:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Glad to see some more old farts joining the forum sir!
Please let your voice be heard. Pipe or non-pipe related posts; please impart any and all stories you have unto us.
Us young'ins need to listen from those who have been there and done that so we can improve.
Happy Smoking. :puffy:

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Welcome to the club sir, it is really a great place with great people, and we are lucky to have such experinced person like you in the forum.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Welcome aboard sir! My index fingers have been getting brown as of late too! I like the old ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.