PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I am quite pleased with the way my cellar is shaping up. View the contents at http://www.tobaccocellar.com/peckinpahhombre
Right now, there are only a 3 or 4 blends that I am on the hunt for in order to round out my cellar numbers, but aside from those blends (some of which I will be lucky to ever lay eyes on again) I think I am largely done with my tobacco journey. Of course, there will be new blends I have to try, and the annual Christmas Cheer release and the like - does it ever really end?

Dec 24, 2012
Snag - at my current clip I only smoke around 5 lbs per year. So yeah, I have more than I can ever smoke at my current pace. Just not enough time. Maybe when I retire I will smoke more. I like variety however and had to build in a bit of a buffer in case my tastes change.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, you need to jack up the volume of your smoking to at least 12 pounds a year. That will last 42 years, at 5 pounds a year, you would have to make sure your kids smoke pipes to smoke all you have.
I am pretty much all done with my cellar, I am filling in on a few blends and have pretty much stopped trying new ones. At 10 pounds a year I am good for 23 years. I figure by the time I am done filling in, I will be at 24-25 years of supply.

Dec 24, 2012
Harris, I suspect we may be filling in a few of the same blends, which is of course part of the difficulty.

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Wow thats very impressive I hope to have a nice collection like that over time. How long have you been collection for 13 years is your oldest Christmas cheer.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, you need to stop buying until I have completed my cellaring. You would have never known about those blends if it were not for me so you need to defer to your mentor. Or you could just send me what I am missing and you can buy all you want after that, it is your choice. :nana:
Canadian, I began my cellaring big time in Sept of 2012, so just about a year ago. I had maybe 20 pounds in stock and have added over 200 this year. Everyone began talking about how prices are going to go through the roof once certain legislation's occur and if the FDA does what is on their table, so I decided not to take any chances. In my state of Florida they put an 85% wholesale tax on pipe tobacco which pretty much put all the pipe guys of the pipe tobacco business and eventually this state could be like Washington state and eliminate tobacco sales from online dealers altogether. I decided to invest the money now while prices are as low as they are ever going to get. My local guy has to charge 22.95 for a tin of SG Best Brown flake which I can buy for 9.00 online. Soon we will be like the rest of the world where 50 gram tins go for 30.00 plus.

Dec 24, 2012
Canadian, I started cellaring around October 2012. The old tins of CC I picked up from a vendor.
Notice how I am ignoring Harris, lol.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
cigrmaster, it'll be the great online pipe tobacco vendor depression when you and peck stop hoarding lol

Status
Not open for further replies.