PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
It's a Rhodie, Counselor. The tapering top is a dead giveaway on that squat bowl.
Says the guy who was just schooled by Michael Glukler on the differences between a stacked Danish and a traditional billiard.
I'm feeling a bit empowered at the moment.
But call it what you want, friend-o. I call it lovely.
Fnord

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
It is a Rhodesian bulldog, listen to Michael--- and that is one DAMNED handsome pipe. Color me jealous. Almost too nice to smoke.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I don't care what you call it-- that's one cool pipe there......... I enlarged the pic, and looked at the grain... there is SOULS in there.......... Seriously, one hell of a pipe!!........ :puffy:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
OK, OK, OK!!
Now that we've voted on this dog, we need to see photos of it IN ACTION: The picketer- dman atuotcurretc!*- Peckster actually smoking that beauty. Otherwise, PHOTOSHOP!!
:laughat:
:P
* Funny how this autocorrect butchers words that are spelled correctly but aren't in their data base, yet doesn't even make a guess at "dman", ect. ETC!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Seriously beautiful pipe. Sometimes a maker seems to work as much from intuition as his training and experience and so arrives at a combination of nuances that approximate perfection. Seriously beautiful pipe!
I go with bulldog due to the half-diamond shank and stem. How often we look at the bottom, anyway?

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
I think that pipe was designed with the objective of triggering a lengthy Bulldog/Rhodesian classification debate on the internet in mind. It also turned out very nice indeed.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Definitely a Rhodesian. The way the top is shaped definitely says Rhodesian and only a moron like Peck wouldn't know that. You are too stupid to own that pipe peck and you need to send it to me. :nana:

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Nice of you to bring this back up, Harris. That pipe deserves another few minutes of drooling over!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's daddy was a bulldog, but its mom was a tomato on one side and a pot on the other, with an eskimo grandfather on her father's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.