Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
Well, I'm turning 22 in july and I want something to smoke that I'll enjoy on the day and keep as a long time companion. I'm open to any suggestions in terms of blends, though I suppose I'd like a good english blend. Sadly my choices are limited to whats in the local b and m, though they may be steering me towards cigars, as is their specialty.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Wow that's quite an open question. There are so many to choose from. What have you tried already?

How about Dunhills Early Morning Pipe as a kick off blend?

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Punkpiper, I really like Peterson- Old Dublin & Irish Whiskey. They happen to be 2 of my favorites right now. They don't rely on overly sweet flavorings to taste great. My descriptions of the flavor are probably not the best, but...

Old Dublin has a Smoky(similar to barbeque)Sweet, and somwhat Spicy(like cinnamon or nutmeg)taste with a decent amount of nicotine to relax you.

Irish Whiskey has a Nutty, Slightly Sweet, and a hint of Butterscotch(it tastes that way to me). The aroma of Irish Whiskey is great when you open the tin. However, it is more slight in the flavor. Also, a decent amount of nicotine.

Good luck and Happy Birthday in July!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Iwan Ries' Spillman Mixture is a nice "old time" style and easily ordered online. Not a full English but very enjoyable.

Oh yeah, Happy Almost Birthday!

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Dunhill EMP or MM 965 are both great; 965 has a nice buttery/brown-sugar flavour imparted by the Cavindish.

For a little more latakia, Dunhill Standard Mixture is a damn tasty smoke, and stokes my bowl most of the day.

Not really an English, but Balkan Sasieni is a nice, mild smoke, and along the same lines, Presbyterian Mixture can step it up a notch, although it seems to be a love it/hate it smoke.
Now, if your looking for the serious tire-fire in a peat-bog doused with kerosene and camphor flavour, you can't go wrong with either Capt. Earles 10 Russians or Stimulus Package; a nice Lat bomb with a touch of perique for good measure is Dunhill Nightcap.

ramjetaa

Lurker
May 15, 2011
Hey Punkpiper...I have a great idea...Go online and order a sampler pac of Enlglish style blends and kick back on your birthday and relax,,sample,,repeat...Have a great birthday and good luck finding your blend!!

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I like that last idea the best. With there being SO many different blends out there, sometimes a sampler pack is the best way to go, and especially when you're still experimenting with your own tastes. Normally, I don't try to find a great blend for my birthday. Instead I will normally buy a new pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.