PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Something I really enjoy, is a 50/50 mix of St. James Flake and Autumn Evening. What's your favorite mix?

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
It’s not really 50/50, but I’ve been enjoying a mixture I made a while ago I call Yale Dropout: 50% C&D Yale Mixture, 25% G.L. Pease Samarra and 25% Dunhill the Aperitif. While Samarra doesn’t really lack anything IMO, the other two were falling flat. I love this as a first pipe of the day!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I like to use lane edgeworth ready rubbed match as a mixer with some lighter blends to build up the body a bit. A regular mix for me is Sam gawith firedance flake and edgeworth ready rubbed

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Never mixed blends, really, except for that one time that I tossed the crumbs of Vanilla Cream into a jar containing pre-dried 7 Seas Royal. I kinda liked the result, though.

Maybe I should do this more often.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
That actually sounds pretty interesting. I wouldn't want to "dilute" plum pudding but adding a layer of sweetness to it sounds really tasty.
I find it quite nice. I actually mix it about 70% PP and 30% MD but who's counting. I have no worries about diluting plum pudding, it is one of the few blends I have cellared "deep" on (for me 250g) so there is plenty around here.

I'll always prefer it straight (to most anything) but as you said, an added layer of sweetness from time to time makes it fun.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
50/50 mixture of St. Bruno and Prince Albert or Carter Hall, whichever I have available at the time.
Interesting. I’ve tried Ogden’s Mixture (Gold Block/St. Bruno) and thought it was just meh. A lot of folks seem to love it though. I prefer my St. Bruno as is but that should be obvious to you all by now, I’m a Bruno kinda guy.... Love the stuff, it just satisfies.

Reactions: oldtoby

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
PS 702 Burley goes great with a pinch of any heavy aromatic. I’ve tried and enjoyed it mixed with the following: C&D Dark Chocolate, C&D Autumn Evening, PS French Vanilla, and Lane BLWB

Status
Not open for further replies.