PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I bought a Savinelli Cricket pipe about 5 years ago and have been enjoying it since. I thought I would do an update. Here's a link to my original post:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/savinelli-cricket-leather-covered-pipe.
At the time I wasn't sure about the quality of the pipe, as it seemed kind of cheaply made. The stem was some type of plastic, and the leather that covered the bowl was thin. Also the stitching seemed too spaced out to last very long, etc.

I needn't have worried. It has performed beyond anything I expected. The leather and stitching have held up extremely well. The plastic stem still seems cheap, but does it's job. One thing that I noticed early on though, was that whatever I smoked in this pipe seemed to taste better than in a lot of my other pipes. I don't know why that is, but it does. This is now the first pipe I reach for when trying a new blend.

The leather covering also helps a lot with heat from the bowl. When I get to puffing faster than usual at times and the bowl heats up, I can really tell the difference.

All in all this was a great purchase. I'm glad I made it, and am thinking about picking up another soon. I think they still make them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That snappy little pot wears a leather jacket well. I somewhat like the wider than usual stitching. I think the stem is standard acrylic and probably looks better with some use. Some pipes, where it isn't love at first sight, really unfold with time.

May 4, 2015
I've always kinda liked the look of leather covered pipes. Glad to see one that's a good smoker, as I think some bad eggs gave that style a bad rep.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Thanks for the update. That's a very nice looking leather covered pipe. :puffy:

rottingcorpse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2015
That's so cool! I love the way the leather covering and cumberland stem look together.

Status
Not open for further replies.