PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
2014_10_311-vi.jpg
Gentlemen,
I am calling the Box Pass home for some much needed R&R.
I have been informed that the Mylar bags that we are using are still allowing some of their contents to dry out. I'll be weeding out expired samples and looking into using other brands of bags. The Box has not had a good sprucing up for several months, so this pit stop is overdue.
I will complete the cleanup as quickly as possible, but be forewarned that may not, in fact, be quick. I have a multitude of other items on my plate right now, not the least of which is the launch of the Standard Tobacco line. On top of that, I do run a small business as a photographer which ostensibly is my full-time job.
Either way, I'll get this taken care of and we'll start this journey all over again.
Thanks everyone for playing along. I'm having a great time with it.
-Dan

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Don't forget to add those odd bits I gave you last week. As an after thought I note the Russian cigarettes are still flying around the universe! Lol

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
I've been following this over various threads since I joined the site, I've finally surpassed the 100 post threshold and I'd like to join you guys in what seems a very worthwhile venture.
I've read the rules and think I'm all ready to go.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
catyrpelius, welcome to the thread! Now, if you read the rules, then you know that you are supposed to PM me about joining, and you also know that there will be a quiz about the history of Box Pass in general and this thread in particular. You DID read the entire thread, correct? And the German translation?
All of which is moot at the moment, because right now the box is still parked, unopened, in my office. I hope to get to it this week, give it a good going over and send it back out on the road to the next lucky recipient.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
WOW It looks like the box will be getting a fine tuning. I'm glad to see that some of the stuff that I put in has been so well received. If I can get around to it I'm going to send so stuff to add. Like the custom blend from the 2015 New Orleans Pipe show and some other stuff I think would be a hit.
Stay smoky friends.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
While catyrpelius is taking the first of the 12-part exam necessary for becoming an trusted member of The Box Pass, I'll crack open The Box and start work on it. Freakie, your contributions are more than welcome, I'll send you my address.
Thanks!

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to box those up if it's still there at your place I'll try and get some stuff out to you this week. My B&M has a full line of Middle Earth blends that I want to get into the box.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Mea Culpa!
I've been out of circulation of late, what with getting the Standard Tobacco line pushed out the door, the West Coast Pipe Show coming up this weekend and, oh yes, my actual real job.
Have no fear, The Box is here. I'll get it cleaned up and out the door after I get back from the show. I'll have some interesting things to add, and we can get this great show back on the road again.
Thanks for your patience,
-Dan