PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
First off had to dig into the waffle house the smell of this stuff is just amazing. I thought for sure it was similar to autumn evening but this smokes like a non aromatic as far as taste goes. I would totally put this as a go to aromatic. Otherwise I have a lot of English blends to dig my pallet into.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
So smoking the HU tobacco fayyum kake and this stuff is good. I would say better then penzance and yet similar to gaslight I think gaslight is creamier though. I really like this stuff.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Glad you liked the Wafflehouse! If you want more, it can be ordered from the Tacoma Tinderbox. It is only available there. The box sounds like it is totally full of awesome. Enjoy!

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Yes I foresee a future order from there on that Waffle House. This box just has so many options 2 weeks just simply isn't enough time lol. Also nice to go through this thing and I'm excited about adding blends to this box.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Fayyum Kake wasn't bad, although I had such high hopes for it. However, it couldn't unseat Gaslight as the clear champion of my cellar. I'm secretly happy Fayyum Kake didnt work out for me since procuring it from HU tobacco in Germany is a bit of a challenge.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Ha yeah I was wondering about obtaining that stuff. I prefer the gaslight though that stuff is just so tasty.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Nothing like spending a holiday with the box! Enjoyed some black mamba today a cobguy blend. Needless to say it was very tasty stuff the Latakia hit the spot but was curious of what other leafs were used I was thinking some burley because I did get some vitamin N on this and I was leaning towards a red Virginia leaf as well?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Enjoyed some black mamba today a cobguy blend
Glad you enjoyed it! :)
No Burley in that one ... there is enough Perique to add some kick and you are correct about the Red Va's being in there.
Only a few jars left of that original batch so time to get blending! :puffy:

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I smoked the Germaine special Latakia flake and really wasn't super impressed it wasn't as good as I would have thought. I also smoke the revelation that was in there and it was not bad the tobacco had a casing on it almost like a fruity note but it was very much bland tasting.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
That Germain Special Latakia Flake deserves to be tried more than once. I have had some very mediocre bowls, and some absolutely euphoric bowls. I haven't put my finger on what makes the difference yet.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Lol thanks Dan yeah I normally have a soft spot for the Germaine stuff but for some reason was not a huge fan of the special Latakia flake maybe I will save a little for a rainy day....oh wait that's everyday here in western pa.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
So as my final day with the box comes to an end I will be adding some additions to this lovely box. So without further ado cmdrmcbragg come on down your the next contestant for what's in the box! I will be sure to get this sent out Monday.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I will be adding some SPC potlach and SPC Deception pass so the box will now have all offerings from The SPC. Also will be adding some pre butera penzance.