PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Hello everyone, been lurking here for a while finally signed up. Been smoking a pipe for a few months now. Just wanted to share this 20 doallar find I got at a local antique store
20181117_160353-600x450.jpg

Got a Butz Choquin, a Duncan Hill aeroshere, a hirschel and bendheim corn cob, a Dr. Grabow Regal adjustomatic, a kayidewood drinkless(cant find any digits but has a 4 hole stinger) and something unknown plus a stand for 20 bucks. The thing I'm interested about is the unknown pipe, looks like someone made the stem and put it on a permade bowl. Does anybody know anything about this pipe or any info on any would be nice. Thanks in advance, looking forward to being a member here.
20181118_210358-600x450.jpg

20181118_210449-600x450.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
You did exceptionally well, as far as that last pipe is concerned I’m guessing it’s a souvenir pipe of some sort, neat looking though.

banjo

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I don't know how many pipes you already have, in a few months, but, I would bet you that if you continue smoking pipes these will become amongst your favorites. Stems look pretty good, no cake, one looks unsmoked. They offer a nice variety and even what looks like a nice hand made 'barrel' shape with reed stem.

Smoke the Grabow first!

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Hopefully this cures my P.A.D for now lol, been smoking a pipe for 5 or so months and already have 11 pipes. Not including the ones pictured a have another Dr.grabow, a nice semi- chruchwarden valcano nording, one I made from a hobby block, and a few cobs.

Looks like a may have to just save the stem on the estate cob and toss the rest,the bottom is basically mush and I don't feel like taking the time to put in a plug when cobs are so cheap.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
The only stamping I can find is on the shaft it says Drinkless above Kaywoodie, the they are both very faint and hard to see.I can't really make out the "ink" in drinkless so it is a possibility the digit are worn off, where should I be looking to find them?

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, still don't see any numbers. But I did just finish cleaning up the Adjustomatic, gave the bowl an overnight salt and alcohol treatment and buffed and wax it with some carnauba wax. The stem I soaked in some oxiclean for 3 hours and sanded from 1000-3000 grit then buffed and waxed with my dremel like the bowl. I got a micro mesh kit coming from amazon so I can really make the other stems shine. How long should I wait before taking it out for a test smoke?

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
+1 on banjo's comment, acid; looks souvenirish to me. Getting a good rack just by itself will easily run a double sawbuck these days.
Howdy & welcome from upstate SC!
Bill

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
A little duct tape and some plaster of paris on that cob's bottom and it's good to go. If you're averse to duct tape, glue on some other sort of stopper.

With the plaster you can also build the inside up to the shank insert to avoid nooks and crannies.

Status
Not open for further replies.