PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Happened to catch a tin of 1792 at a local B&M yesterday (along with a tin of And So to Bed), and I'm smoking my first bowl right now with coffee. Holy &#(#)!, is this stuff wonderful. My favorite morning smokes are stout, as I crave that nicotine punch when I wake up. 1792 certainly delivers on that front, but it's also quite delicious. Based on what I'd heard and from what I experienced with the tin note, I expected the tonquin topping, to as Nuke Laloosh said, "Announce its presence with authority!" In fact, the topping seems to be very well done and more subtle than I was anticipating. It adds a perfect amount of sweetness and takes some of the edges off the dark-fired leaf.

Like my other morning favorite, GHC's Dark Flake U/S, this is one meaty flake. It came pretty wet, but it dried out easily and naturally. Like Dark Flake, this is one cool-smoking flake, and it delivers a ton of rich, creamy smoke.

Like the other Gawith blends, it seems to be out of stock a lot of the time, but I'll be snatching up a 250g box as soon as I can. I know this blend is kind of polarizing. What do you all think?

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
It certainly is a satisfying smoke. It's a lot smoother than I thought it woud be, based on it's reputation as a strong, kick ass blend. I've grabbed a couple pounds myself.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Nice review. The toppings do seem to be bold, but, as you say, more subtle than the reviews would lead you to believe.

The reviews and descriptions all fail to capture the flavour. I’m not sure we have words for it. Bizarre and unfamiliar, but, by the end, appetizing.

And then, while I was trying to figure out what I was tasting, the nicotine kicked my ass and took my lunch money.

Status
Not open for further replies.