Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Up to 30% off of in-stock inventory
https://www.iwanries.com/customer-appreciation-sale-C2164.cfm

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I like those Vuillard Virgin pipes.
When I was starting out I stopped and bought a unfinished Sav that turned out to be a great pipe.
I told the salesman my low budget and he spent about 25 minutes with me bringing me out all kinds of pipes from the drawers. I felt like he treated me like I was buying a $500 pipe.
I've bought a few more pipes from them over the years and always had great results. I'm not one of those people that expect to be served by sales staff, but it's refreshing to have a staff knowledgable about their product and matching it to your "wants".

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a longstanding "custom" with Iwan Ries. I like that they are in my home city of Chicago (I'm from a near walking distance northwest suburb). I like that they are a historical shop. I have several stamped house pipes from the era when the U.S. pipe maker Benton was doing those. I have a number of pipes from IR that were bought for me as gifts, and others I bought myself. Right now my search engine can't get IR or SP nor several other sites I like, though I still get PC, 4noggins and others; annoying. Shipping is higher from IR, since it is further away, but I think they have a distinctive and high quality pipe and tobacco inventory. I'd like to try some of their house brand pouch tobaccos. Iwan Ries is one of the great old pipe shops, right in the center of the country. Long may it prosper.

budrichard

Lurker
Jul 9, 2015
I have had a long standing relationship with IRC.

In the early 1970's they introduced the Jamaican Macanudo.

They gave free ones to my buddy and I while he was purchasing a lighter for his father-in-law.

Over the years I would mail order these cigars for myself and my father until they switched production to the DR.

I also got to know the place fairly well and stopped each time in the LOOP to smoke a a cigar.

Bigger purchases were sent back to avoid taxes both local and State.

IRC is at the Chicago Pipe Show yearly.

They will discount the Chicago Tobacco Tax if you purchase in person.

I understand that with internet searching, one can find cheaper prices sometimes but that is not always part of the equation.

When in Chicago, stopping at IRC and enjoying a smoke is part of a ritual for me.-Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.