PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I'd be amazed if this hasn't been done before, but if it has, I missed it.
I was 10 and my mom met me at the back door after I'd walked home from school and she was crying. Even at that age I was totally shocked by the news. My youngest brother was born 4 days later. We were watching the news about the President's funeral and we saw on live tv when Ruby shot Oswald.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
10/22/63 I had just started the pipe. Freshman year at University of the Pacific. Thought maybe this thread was celebrating that event... :lol:
11/22/63 I was in the Pharmacy School library, when a student ran in crying and yelling the news. One of the assistant librarians shushed her until she, too, realized what had happened, then SHE broke down, crying loudly.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Sitting in class, 14 y/0 and in the 8th grade, our graduation ceremony was dedicated to JFK's memory, being in MA the link of the Kennedys was huge.

banjo

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I was just about to leave after a day of classes as a sophomore in high school and looking forward to the weekend. The hallways were filled with other students as usual, but something seemed odd as each of them seemed to be talking quietly to each other with concerned faces. It was then that a close friend of mine came up to me and asked if I had heard about the president being shot! That was all he, or anyone knew at the time so we both rushed to his house and his mother was already at the T.V. when we heard that he was dead. Strange how I can fully picture the exact moment and details and still remembering that I was at the S.W exit of the school.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
On September 10, 2001 I was in Dallas on business, and had occasion to walk about Dealey Plaza after a late dinner. Elm Street, the grassy knoll, and the former Book Depository building all stood as mute witnesses to the events of that day in November of 1963. Being in that very place in the dark of night made the hair on the back of my neck bristle, and recalled a somber chord which I thought that I had forgotten.
The following morning the United States was attacked by Islamic terrorists.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I hope a Mod will fix my botched date in the heading. If the time limit on editing wasn't so short I could have done it myself.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Was in a Supermarket with a fellow Navy man, buying fixings for a Gumbo for 2 Gals at their home. It came on the Loud speaker that the President had been shot. The groceries were on the counter, we looked at each other and run out of the store highballing for Little Creek., groceries still on counter.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
I was walking across campus at the univ of Michigan when someone said the president was shot! I foolishly asked the president of what? I then went to the journalism department to read the teletype, later the flag was at half mast and the bell tower played America, I hitchhiker home, Shel

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Not yet in this world, but what a moment in time. Born Jan 9th 1970...I've always had links to Elvis' B-day on the 8th and Nixon's as well as Jimmy Page's B-day on the ninth.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I was 12 years old in sixth grade. My wife was 10 years old sitting next to a Minute Man missile site in North Dakota.

Status
Not open for further replies.