PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I was in 1St or 2Nd grade. Teacher came in crying and sent us all home. Got home and my mother said "My God honey, some one has killed our President". That was a time when you had respect for whoever held office...

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I was nine months old, so I'm guessing that I was taking it all in, but unable to understand any of it. It's probably all filed away in my brain, slowly loosening the very underpinnings of my existence.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I was walking to my next class in my junior year high school. Some kids came running down the hall yelling the presidents been shot! There was a lot of talking and crying and finally the principle made the announcement official, and sent everyone home. When I got home my dad said Armageddon was on its way....

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I can never forget that day.
Was 15 and suppose to be in school. But my friend and I skipped school again. My father worked nights, my mother worked days. My father was sleeping and the keys were on his nightstand. So we hot wired his '53 chevy. We drove around the city smoking cigars like big shots. We had the radio on, they were playing top 40 hits when the news of JFK's assassination broke through.

Status
Not open for further replies.