PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sourcing is hard to pin down. Just for probabilities of supporting at least some U.S. tobacco farmers, the U.S. based tobacco companies are most likely to use domestic product just for better prices. Yes, Canada is America, as is Peru and Chile, etc. The U.S. began to call itself America as it extended itself outside its borders. America used for U.S. has become a common usage, but I try to keep the distinction. When I made that distinction to a Canadian colleague, he said my boss must have told me to say/do that, and I assured him my boss (a U.S. born citizen) had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: matheuse

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not to be PC, but "American" means U.S. to some, but not to others who interpret American as any of the nations in North, Central, or South America, not solely the U.S., but including it. Canadians are American, as are Mexicans, and etc. etc. I once corrected myself to a Canadian colleague and he immediately assumed the my boss had so instructed me. Ha! I put him straight on that one. I think the OP meant American as in U.S.

Reactions: matheuse
Status
Not open for further replies.