PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
There were some things I couldn't live without after seeing this sale, which lasts through Sunday:
Clark Layton Sloth pipe. Clark is a great young American carver.
layton-sloth.jpg

1 lb of Vintage Syrian. Glad we cleared up the rumors. Soon I'll have 6lb in the cellar.
250g SG FVF. Can never have enough of that in the cellar.
1 tub Carter Hall. Yum!
1 tin Samuel Gawith: Black XX Because I love the flavor! Tho it is so strong, I am stuck with 1/4 bowls. lol

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife broke her ankle in three places (long story, she's strong and determined) so I can't go to the TAPS pipe show tomorrow. However, this sale .... Uh-oh.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
It got me too. I love smoking pipes! I also love not worrying whether my order will arrive or not and what kind of condition it will be in when it does. :lol:

Mar 1, 2014
I picked up my second Savinelli Quercia, almost a quarter pound of pipe: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/index.cfm?tag=2932
A bit of a novelty but given that I almost never clench the overall design is really appealing.

The rustication looks nice in person and the pipe sits with just a bit of wobble so it's not entirely impractical either.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I'm waiting on an estate evaluation that doesn't look like it's going to happen before the sale is over. Oh well. It looks like P&C has countered the 10% sale with a 15% sale, but of course with reservation.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's only a counter if they have what you want in stock, and delivered this year.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Got the last Salty Dog

Loaded up the cart and the dreaded "only one left" appeared

Got some FVF and St James

And some St James Woods

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Meh. 10% off is not enticing enough for me to bite.
20% off of 1 pound bags of Mac Baren (including Vintage Syrian) at P&C all month.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It depends how on the edge you are, whether ten percent is enough. If you are wavering on the brink, ten bucks off a one hundred dollar pipe (or supply your price range) might just do the trick. Though, you're right, it won't compel you to shop for a pipe you hadn't already spotted.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Savinelli New Art shape #626. I've been reluctant to pull the trigger on it but the sale just mad it too easy. I love the saddle stem on the bent Apple.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As noted on another thread, I anted up for a little saddle stem straight billiard English estate pipe, a Plymouth, that has been languishing on the page for more than a year. Obviously, no beauty queen, but very light weight for clenching, and unsmoked. It was inexpensive to start with and discounted besides, and I kept visiting it, so I guess it was about time. Bought a bit of C&D Old Joe Krantz to go with it, an old favorite. Hardly a splurge, but a few bucks saved on the discount.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
Dread:
Good call on the New Art. The briar/acrylic saddle stem combo makes these both seriously cool and unlikely to ever happen again from Savinelli. These were made at least a decade ago (though we weren't able to pin down the specific years).
Sykes

Status
Not open for further replies.