PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
My previous order already included more than planned. Remember this whole thread last week of "drat they have SG in stock" a couple of hours after my order ? So I ended up with an order that was big enough to not pay shipping, to which they were able to add 6 tins of a variety of SG stuff before it shipped. So I already got the question at home of "Hmmmm... Didn't you say the order was X and now it's Y ?" :rofl:
So I'm wisely passing on this. Besides, I'm well set. Except maybe for some Grousemoor and some more Autumn Evening and a new Sav and .... Darn PAD and TAD ;-)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Since I used a good chunk of money to pay off my car this week, I wasn't going to TAD, but I couldn't resist a couple tins with the shipping deal and already low prices on H&H blends.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
@spartan ...... in Alaska we get shafted several ways with the shipping. People just won't mail us stuff. Not to bash P&C but they "could" offer the free shipping deal to AK/HI ..... $15 for a USPS Priority flat rate large box that will fit easily $100 worth of baccy vs the $15 they probably pay UPS to ship the same weight to let's say Southern California .....

It's still a better deal than going to a certain B&M here in Anchorage that puts a mark-up not only on their wholesale cost, but on the shipping, and the AK tobacco tax as well. joe912 could probably second that .......

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
Rcstan, are you referring to the yellow building on 5th or the shop on Fairbanks St?
If you want to get screwed, go the the BMW motorcycle shop. They mark up their parts 20% over retail. Primary reason I won't own a Beemer. That, and the fact that the management of that shop is rather arrogant. Oops, that was a bit of a digression.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Call them?
I thought you'd be used to calling up every B&M on this side of the Mississippi. :mrgreen:

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
@joe912 .... I'm talking about Fairbanks St. Never been to the bike shop but I get the message. At least the chicka working the counter at Fairbanks St is cool ( never met the owners but I got a tour of the $500/year smoking lounge once ). If I'm in the area I go by and shoot the bull with her, get a "sample" bowl of something and wonder why the hell they sell pipe cleaners for $2.50 a bunch and Kapet Petes for $110 .....

At the yellow building, they are pretty cool. Their main business there is bulk and RYO so they don't deal much in tins .... when they do have them, they are not overpriced ( except for Dunhill ). I got a few cool pipes from them, including a big Lion Meer that the wife bought for my birthday last year.

You should also check the sundry shop on 4th, the one with the barber shop next door to that old bar. I stop by there with my daughter every Sunday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.