PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have some affinity for Dr. Grabow pipes because I grew up in the Chicago area and transplanted to North Carolina where I've been long-since. The pipes have that all-American 1950's look, like American cars of the vintage. I especially admire the shaping on the Dr. Grabow Royalton bulldog. Some folks in Sparta really love the pipes they make.

Reactions: Esrafel

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
But the only thing is, I'm not gentle with my pipes. And that the pipe will need to be unsmoked to start a year challenge. AND I may not want to ever smoke another pipe than the Grabow after this one! Who knows? Lol

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sounds like a fun experiment!
giphy.gif

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
didimauw your experiment seems like a throwback to many of the smokers that I knew growing up. They owned one, perhaps two, Grabows and smoked them everyday until they lost them or felt the urge for a new pipe. Good luck with it.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Ooh, artsy :nana:
I'm seriously looking forward to this project. Kind of the antidote to typical pipe forum behavior, which seems to normalize having giant pipe collections, each dedicated to a single blend or family of blends. Good luck!

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Good looking pipe, I remember when Dr. Grabow's were on the back shelf of every or end cap of every Thrifty Drug or Sav-on Drugs... Of course, that was long ago.

And 489, I came from Chicago too, LOOOOOONG ago....
Dan

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Didi, how many bowls would you say you smoke in a week? To me that's the real factor here. I get maybe 20 or so a year probably. So if I smoke one pipe for a year it isn't making headlines. Now if you smoke 20 a week we are talking.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
I propose a new dating convention; just as the Romans tracked their chronology by the Consulship, men shall hereafter note the year not by number, but by which pipe didimauw was smoking at the time.
Signed, Elbert

In the 18th bowl of the Year of the Grabow

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hahaha I like it! Has a nice ring to it! Now I gotta do it every year!
So far I've smoked 90% Briar Fox, 5% Burley Flake, one bowl of Carter Hall, and the 20th bowl is Catham Manor which I'm smoking now.

Reactions: milehighpiper
Status
Not open for further replies.