PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been looking at Scottie's work for quite some time and finally came across one that I knew would be a great smoker. It is large group 4 to small 5 and has some nice lines to it. I bought from my goood buddy Mike at Briar Blues and am very excited to give it a whirl. It is my fitst artisan pipe made by a woman and I am looking forward to seeing how it smokes.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I like the way the stem bends back toward the level of the top of the bowl. Makes it easier to clench, but also looks nice. Lots of early 1900s pipes were made that way.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
That is a beautiful pipe! Right up my alley. Previously, I only saw those pencil shank pipes she makes that a lot of people seem to like, but I did not care for them. The rustication, the different darker and lighter stains, and the Cumberland / multicolored stem are all perfect on that pipe. Nice pick.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just received the pipe a couple of hurs ago and it looks great in person. I let the pipe I had going go out and got some tobaccofor the new pipe. I chose some 2012 Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake and the tobacco is tasting great. The pipe is smoking dry and cool and once there is some cake on it, it should smoke perfect. I am every happy I got my first Scottie.

Status
Not open for further replies.