PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Man, I love that stuff. I need to get more. Friggin' TAD...

View attachment 158
I think there are not many of us that like it for some reason. It's the first blend I bought a pound of. That was in spring, and I'm worried about running out already. GH 25 is kind of similar, but without that butterscotch thing. Very tasty and perfect morning nic. Really gets things moving, if you know what I mean.161

Jun 23, 2019
Funny how our preferences can come and go like the seasons, if you asked me this a few months ago I'd have said "anything but an aromatic" but today: Sutliff Molto Dolce. I never really liked aromatics but something about the robust caramel topping and that sizzling burn sound is just perfect with my black black morning coffee.

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I'm moody, so it could be anything at anytime. Anything from OTC's like SWR, PA, Granger.. then the next could be Brown Flake Scented or, God help me, Polish Condor. Then it might be Hamborger Veermaster.. in the same pipe..
Just total unabashed chaos.

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I preload 90 pipes Sunday evening, with anything from any of the twelve blends I have open. Just randomly... Then by the time Monday morning rolls around, I have forgotten what was what. The fun part is trying to guess what it is that I am smoking. It really does teach you to taste and discern better and deeper.

I like the cut of your jib. I thought I was chaotic.. but you are the Lord of Chaos.

Many men would never ever do such a thing, because they fear that in a blind taste test, they might not be able to tell their "favorites" apart from the ones that they think less of. And,. this is what I have found. Not that I couldn't tell a favorite from a lesser liked blend, but that I didn't care. Not like lakeland extreme blends, but maybe a blend that I just don't get excited about. In smoking my pipes blind to what is in them, I enjoy smoking a little more.

Reactions: badbeard

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
It changes from time to time, but H&H Chatham Manor has been my go-to lately. As the weather cools, it's often Balkan Supreme that will be my first thought, though there is always a codger-style burley in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.