PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I just started back to "spinning" at my local gym. I'll let you know how it goes. I need to lose about 100 lbs.

RIght on, my dude. I'm in the same boat. Had a doctor's appointment at the end of October that revealed my weight had really gone up, my BP was high, and I even had signs of liver damage (from excess fat) despite being sober for several years. It was quite humiliating. I've since started a diet and going to the gym and lost about 25 pounds so far. But I need to lose about 100 or maybe a bit more, myself. Good luck!

Those Pelotons actually look pretty rad, but after you drop a few Gs for the bike, you also get to pay a pretty hefty monthly fee for the classes and content or whatever. Crazy expensive. To me, at least.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
RIght on, my dude. I'm in the same boat. Had a doctor's appointment at the end of October that revealed my weight had really gone up, my BP was high, and I even had signs of liver damage (from excess fat) despite being sober for several years. It was quite humiliating. I've since started a diet and going to the gym and lost about 25 pounds so far. But I need to lose about 100 or maybe a bit more, myself. Good luck!

Those Pelotons actually look pretty rad, but after you drop a few Gs for the bike, you also get to pay a pretty hefty monthly fee for the classes and content or whatever. Crazy expensive. To me, at least.

Good luck to all on their quest for weight reduction. I concur that the Peloton looks pretty good. I guess from a convenience standpoint, it's pretty nice. But, the $$$ needed to get started is pretty steep. Stay focused!!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I walk a bit over a mile every day.Watching carbs and sugar..I've lost almost 100 pounds.I'm trying for 50 more.That should take about another year.

That's awesome. Yeah, I am doing the low carb/keto/atkins type thing. I lost about 100 pounds about 15 years or o ago doing it. I really struggle with counting calorie, so this diet actually keeps me feeling pretty full. Definitely miss carbs, though. No potatoes, dressing or pie for the Holidays ?

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018

In other words losing a pound every 3 months. Four pounds a year is 1.23 ounces per week. This, I think, is possible.

I have to accept that my clothes aren't shrinking. I've gained weight but I know exactly why. The beer here in Germany is tasty, cheap, and comes in half liter bottles. Think I'll be cutting back after the holidays though.

As an aside a new word I've learned is "kummerspeck". This is weight gain from eating for emotional reasons. Roughly translates to grief bacon or sorrow bacon.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have a buddy from high school who’s always been ‘wiry”. We’d go through drive thru burger joints at least twice every night just so he wouldn’t starve. He’s never been over 140. I should be so lucky!!
Everyone told me years ago, "When you get in your thirties, you'll start putting on weight." I'm nearly fifty.

At McDonald's I eat six Big Macs or three double quarter pounders whenever I go. Same weight and height since I was fourteen.

Status
Not open for further replies.