PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
When their tobaccos start coming directly from over seas, their prices are likely to increase. It might be a good idea to stock up on the Lane blends now because of that.
And a BIG plus +1 !!! It is " We the Sheeple" That put these these idiots in place to make the self serving decisions they make.(The law makers) Sad state of affairs...?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
A "Right" as enumerated in the Bill of Rights is God given and cannot be infringed upon. A "right" which is not so enumerated isn't "God given" and as such is subject to government(s) deciding leagality.

That's the problem when you start listing rights...it creates the perception that they originate from the list...and that anything not listed is not a "right".

They attempted to patch up that problem with the 9th and 10th amendments, but unfortunately it hasn't worked out very well.

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Hah! Just what I was thinking. It may come to pass that weed will soon be sold in proper cuts: shag, flake, plug, slices, and ready rubbed. And of course, cherry blend; Maui-Perique; Red-Latakia, etc, etc.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Hah! Just what I was thinking. It may come to pass that weed will soon be sold in proper cuts: shag, flake, plug, slices, and ready rubbed. And of course, cherry blend; Maui-Perique; Red-Latakia, etc, etc.
How do you keep a populous in line? Turn them over unabated, to the numbing effects of base human desires. Vitamin “N” is not nearly as numbing as vitamin “THC”...that’s for sure.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
How do you keep a populous in line? Turn them over unabated, to the numbing effects of base human desires. Vitamin “N” is not nearly as numbing as vitamin “THC”...that’s for sure.

Hmmm. I don't take quite such a draconian view, but it's possible it's part of a nefarious plan by the pols.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
General shananigans aside, I have 6 unopened tins of Wild Hare in my cellar but can't think of anything else I am really interested in.

Those 6 tins, combined with the rest of my cellar and the rate at which I smoke ought to outlast me.

Any recommendations from Lane?

Oct 7, 2016
There's no point in worrying. Worry is generally an utter waste of lifespan. You either have actions you can take, or you do not. It's going to be whatever it turns out to be. Your worry will not affect events and doesn't matter.
And right now Pipes and Cigars is having a promotion on Lane products.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
There's no point in worrying. Worry is generally an utter waste of lifespan. You either have actions you can take, or you do not. It's going to be whatever it turns out to be. Your worry will not affect events and doesn't matter.

I can’t decide if this is more Nietzsche or Machiavelli.

I’m going with Nietzsche.

Status
Not open for further replies.