PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Heading to Atlanta tomorrow.

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a nice pipe shop to visit. I'll primarily be in the downtown area. But, may have an opportunity to venture outside the perimeter.

Thanks in advance!

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
Greetings! I’m in Atlanta and I’m just now coming back to pipes after a 10 year hiatus. Lots of great places for cigars, but I’m hunting for a pipe shop myself.

One of the best places to enjoy your pipe is Dantana’s near Lenox. Excellent steakhouse with a cigar bar in the back. I don’t know if they sell pipe tobacco, but you can enjoy your pipe there. They’ll serve you drinks there as long as you’d like.

Puff’N’Stuff in Tucker. Don’t be thrown by the name. Their selection is quite nice.

Tobacco World in Marietta is also pretty great.

Places I can recommend from my cigar days, but I’ve got to circle back for pipe tobacco. Here’s my short list:

Cigar City Club
Highland Cigar Co.
Scottish Tobacco
Davidoff of Geneva

Manuel’s Tavern is a smoke-friendly legendary stop and kind of a must-see if you happen to be into Democratic Party political history. If you do not happen to lean that way, might not be high on your list.

Let me know what you find!

Reactions: AlabamaDan

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Thanks Peterson! Unfortunately, I ended up being so busy at work that I never had any time to get out for a visit to any of your recommended pipe stores. Didn't have a rental car. So, that made getting around an inconvenience.

Thanks for the effort and guidance. Next time I'm down there, I'll hopefully have some time to get out and visit these places!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
In summary, there are no real pipe-centric stores in Atlanta.

That said, the Davidoff store in Buckhead does carry a nice selection of pipes, but only the standard Davidoff blends.

Oct 7, 2016
In summary, there are no real pipe-centric stores in Atlanta.

That said, the Davidoff store in Buckhead does carry a nice selection of pipes, but only the standard Davidoff blends.
That is so very sad. When I first started smoking a pipe in 1979, there was Royal Cigar downtown, Dunhill and a great Tinderbox at Lennox Square, good Tinderbox shops at Cumberland, Perimeter, Northlake and Southlake malls, an Edwards in Buckhead and one at Clarkston. Oh, and Tobacco Village in a center across from Perimeter Mall.

Except for the Dunhill store, where one person was the only one who knew the least bit about pipes, the owners/managers were knowledgeable about what they stocked, which varied from place to place. At the Lennox Square Tinderbox when Al Mandel owned it, grey market Castellos could be seen by the dozens. Royal Cigar had annual Charatan trunk shows where you could see everything from Coronations and on down the line to Belvederes. Some of the best smoking pipes I owned were Edwards house brands made from Algerian Briar, fills and all. If you wanted one without fills, they had free hands made by some guy named Randy Wiley. It was a competitive, well served, market. The space devoted to cigars was, except for the Dunhill shop, minor by today’s standards.

Reactions: indoeuro
Status
Not open for further replies.