PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I've been looking to buy something to put my bulk Carter Hall in. I told the wife I wanted to go to our favorite antique mall and look for a jar.

It was pretty neat because I had my wife, daughter, mother and father in law all looking for a jar for my pipe tobacco.
We looked at probably ten or so before I found the perfect one.

It needed to be big enough to fit my whole hand, and It didn't have to have a seal. My Carter Hall won't dry enough to smoke in it's normal tub. So I'm hoping it will dry nicely in here.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
That is a splendid find, great that it was a family affair. Enjoy it in good health!

Reactions: rogers

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I've never had CH in the tub, but the pouches usually seem to be at a decent moisture level. Are the tubs significantly higher in moisture?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I've never had CH in the tub, but the pouches usually seem to be at a decent moisture level. Are the tubs significantly higher in moisture?

View attachment 2886
Yes the tub is way better than the pouch, also almost a completely different cut as well. I had a post about it on here somewhere. I believe for whatever reason there is more bright Virginia in the pouch.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.