Thank you for joining us for The Pipes Magazine Radio Show—the only radio talk show for pipe smokers and collectors. We broadcast weekly, every Tuesday at 8 pm eastern USA time and are available on nearly all podcast sites and apps. Listen on your computer, tablet, phone and even in the car! Our Featured Interview tonight is with Taylor Kirk-Milke. Taylor is unique to the pipe community in a few ways. First, she is a female pipe smoker. Second, she is a Disney aficionado, just like our show host, Brian Levine. And third … you will have to listen closely to the show… In our "Pipe Parts" segment, Brian will reveal a new discovery for a high-value line of pipes. Sit back, relax with your pipe, and enjoy The Pipes Magazine Radio Show!

Tonight’s show is sponsored by Sutliff-Tobacco.com, CupOJoes.com, SmokingPipes.com, Missouri Meerschaum, 4noggins.com, MeerschaumStore.com, Cornell & Diehl, and Savinelli Pipes and Tobaccos. Please give them some consideration when making your next pipe or tobacco purchase.

We hope you enjoy our 1-hour show produced just for you—the pipe smoker and collector. The following link will launch a pop-up player. Alternatively, you can download the show in iTunes and other podcast sites and apps after the initial broadcast is complete here.

Listen & Download With These Apps as Well
iTunes Podkicker for Android Stitcher

Taylor Kirk-Milke

This article sponsored by Sutliff-Tobacco.com. Please give them some consideration for your next tobacco purchase. They have a great selection and great prices -Sutliff-Tobacco.com

8 Responses to “The Pipes Magazine Radio Show - Episode 99”

Hi Brian,

Nice tip on the WO Larsen pipe, especially the Handmades.

I was thinking that Taylor was a bit young to start a pipe, but foolish me, I started at 18 so I just being goofy. She has gone through the pipe/tobacco trials and tribulations that we all go through. I was at Epcot and Disney when Epcot was still being completed. I think the Chinese exhibit was either under construction or had just opened. You can see Brian that it was a long time ago. Nice interview.

Drive in Movies - Nice guitar and beat, nice song.

Rant - Your mom must be a saint. Definitely a smelly rant!

Tonight’s pipe podcast smoke was some Fribourg & Treyer Vintage Flake purchased in 2001 in my Cheda/Layton collaboration pipe. Good Smoke!

Keep up the good work on Tuesday night!

I do have a W.O. Larsen that Tonni Nielsen says he carved. How he could remember that after 30 years is amazing.

Enjoyed the interview with Taylor. Amazing that she already has 25 pipes while she is still learning how to smoke them. PAD doesn’t normally kick in until you are a little more accomplished.

Best advice I can give you about farts is to stay upwind.

3. loneredtree said:

Two nights before the radio show I opened a can of W.O. Larsen Signature. I thought why not smoke it in my seldom used W. O. Larsen Copenhagen Straight Grain 3 an estate purchased in 1974. A very nice coupling. Thanks for the sphel on W. O. Brian. I just like looking at that pipe! I know pictures or it did not happen.

4. loneredtree said:

Thanks for the comments on the Larsen pipes Brian. Two days before the radio show I cracked a tin of W. O. Larsen Signature. I chose a seldom used W. O. Larsen Copenhagen 3 Straight Grain that I purchased as an estate pipe in 1973. That was a perfect match. Wonderful! I am going to enjoy this fine pipe more often.

5. voorhees said:

Often wondered about the W.O. Larsens, glad to hear a bit about them. Taylor was an interesting guest.

6. voorhees said:

btw, nice music selection too. Very 70’s vibe. I loved it.

7. mcitinner1 said:

Brian, I saw “A Clockwork Orange” at least 3 times, not for the violence but for the sound track music. Then I bought the sound track also.

8. riffraff said:

Great information on WO Larsen pipes! This show is a bit of a double-edged sword. I love the information about pipes to watch out for, but then a run on those pipes ensues just after the airing of the show. It is a testament to your popularity among pipe smokeers and your increasing audience.

I love to hear about everyday pipe smokers as well as the newcomers. It is always interesting to hear how they got started. I find it remarkable that without any prior smoking experience, or external influences, she decided to start smoking a pipe. It is cool to hear her perceptions and experiences.

I have only been to Walt Disney World one time, the day it opened. I am more of a West Coast rat and lived only minutes from Disneyland when I was in the service. I went there 5 times in one year.

Hmmmm…how about a pipe show in Disney World? The best of both worlds!